Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grandma's Christmas Tree

Hey there! I know we are a bit past the holidays now, but I wanted to share my Grandma's Christmas tree. As a child, my memories of Christmas with Dad's side of the family consisted of Grandma's house (always had large parties in the basement for space purposes), her tree, the antique lights, Alvin and the Chipmunks Chrismas record streaming from the record player, and playing with my cousins. Our family Christmas's are a little different now that most of the cousins are grown, however, this year we decided to host Christmas at Grandma's house once more. With a nostalgic spirit, I took over decorating Grandma's tree. I used her tree, her lights, and her vintage tinsel, but left off most of her ornaments. In place of ornaments, I used family photos to decorate the tree, both old and new... take a gander :)


When I first went looking for Grandma's decor, I found this box with all the lights. Makes me smile! Anyone else remember these bad boys?


Here's a quick shot of the tree with the lights, vintage tinsel, and just a few ornaments...


AND here is the tree all decked out in family photos. In order to get a uniform look, I copied all the photos onto the same color of paper, and printed all in black and white. Though I am obviously biased on this one, I think it's quite the gem. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment